Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ten Things I'm Obsessed with Right Now

So far, I've had an awesome summer. After all of the fun (and stress) of the school year, it has been so nice to rest, relax and reflect. I've spent this summer taking extra good care of my mind and body. The following list is filled with my favorite things of this summer:

One: Gossip Girl
Okay, so I may be about 5 years behind on this, but I've been loving Gossip Girl lately. I don't really watch too much TV other than the news (alright, and Chopped on the Food Network), but every summer I obsess over some totally trashy TV show (last summer was Pretty Little Liars). Aside from having the most ridiculous, yet totally interesting plot line, all of the characters on Gossip Girl  have the greatest sense of style!

Two: Elizabeth & James Sunnies
It's that time of year again: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I shopped the pre-sale (yay Nordstrom Card!) and bought Elizabeth and James' Kirby Sunglasses. I love the timeless tortoise shell and round shape. They're also a nice addition to the current styles of sunglasses I have as they're different than anything I already own.


Three: Rebecca Minkoff
I've really been wanting a black, casual cross body bag for awhile now. I have one with a silver chain and bow (which I love), but it seems a little too dressy for every day. I found this perfect Rebecca Minkoff bag- it adds a little edge to my every day look.

Four: Oatmeal
It is so lame that this is even on my list, but to be honest I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast (not kidding). I know, oatmeal gets a bad rap for being healthy/old people food. But let me tell you, I've tried out some delicious (and healthy) oatmeal recipes that make my mornings a little brighter. My favorites are: banana nut, peanut butter cup, chocolate covered strawberrykey lime and peanut butter banana. Try them out!

Five: Spartan Wireless Speakers
I love music and have this terrible and totally irrational fear of going deaf. I guess I just know way too many adults who have lost their hearing from going to loud concerts and listening to loud music. While I use earbuds when I work out, I try to use speakers most of the time since they don't damage hearing very much. These tiny Spartan wireless speakers are perfectly portable and work with your iPhone's bluetooth to play music anytime, anywhere.

Six: Kate Spade iPhone Cases
I've been looking for a new phone case for about a month. I've used a monogrammed Otter Box since November and it was amazing until the monogram rubbed off and some of the plastic cracked. I've always loved Kate Spade case designs, but didn't like the rubber texture until they came out with these hardshell cases. I currently have the Key Pad case on my phone. So cute!

Seven: Anthropologie Twist Hair Ties
I've been using twist ties for about a year and love all the cute new patterns and materials I'm seeing. I've been using a lot of Anthropologie hair twists to keep my hair back in the heat and during workouts. I also sleep with my hair up, and these are really comfortable to sleep on and don't leave my hair with that weird hair tie crease. They're too cool!

Eight: Norts (Nike Tempo Shorts)
Norts are made for summer. They're perfect for running errands when it's too hot and are awesome for working out. I always buy the most ridiculous colors- I have yellow/purple, tie dye blue/white, black/white plaid, polka dot black/white/hot pink and many others. Paired with a solid tee or tank, this is the ultimate combo to keep you cool. 

Nine: Deborah Lippman Nail Polish
I've never been able to justify my buying "designer" nail polish other than a few OPI polishes and some Essies. However, I've always thought Butter London, Nars, Mac and Deborah Lippman had the greatest colors and coolest textures. At the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, I found this three pack of limited edition Space Oddity Deborah Lippman polishes and caved. Currently I'm wearing "Baby I'm A Star." It's the sweetest shade of rose gold with different textured sparkles in it. Obsessed!

Ten: Fresh Fruit
As you can probably tell, I've been into getting healthy this summer.  Given all of the traveling I've been doing, I definitely had been feeling off- always sleepy and a bit on edge. I've gotten off my three-coffees-a-day cycle (one isn't bad, right?), made a bigger effort to get to the gym every day and traded refined foods for fresh veggies and fruits. And ripe, cool fruit is just so good in the summer. I feel awesome now- actually better than ever- which gives me even more motivation to keep up with these healthy habits.

Happy summer!
xoxo








09 10 11 12
Blogging tips