Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Beauty Essentials for Traveling (or Studying!) Abroad

Studying abroad is essentially living out of a suitcase (or in my case three-- whoops!) for an extended period of time. I found myself taking only clothes, make up and a few pens/notebooks so I could travel as light as possible-- which, to be honest, isn't really that light at all.

But while I struggled to decide on fewer than 5 pairs of shoes (no regrets), I was able to pair down my beauty products to just what I needed. Minus the basics like shampoo and conditioner, here are the things I've been reaching for throughout this trip:

10 Abroad Essentials

The best under eye concealor that makes even the most tired, travel-worn eyes look awake! I wear the shade vanilla.

This neutral nail polish is perfect for every day. I have gone through so many since I first discovered it a little over a year ago! The color is also great for hiding chipped nails.

This spray feels like a spa facial even when you're away from home. So nice! The scent is amazing (and relaxing). Plus, the essential oils in it are great for moisturizing skin after long flights.

(thanks bf for brining me some more!!) 
I love this scent. Lately I have been mixing it up between a few different ones, but this is the perfume I always come back to. It is fresh and powdery and wears very well throughout the day.

This rich body lotion is an amazing treat for dry skin, and will keep legs looking silky smooth as we move into shorts and skirt weather!

I haven't gotten a haircut in... way too long. This deep conditioning hair mask helps a ton with keeping locks smooth, shiny and split-end free.

The perfect, dewy primer gives you glowing skin without looking fake or greasy. Obsessed! 

My favorite before-bed ritual. This lip balm smells amazing and is so moisturizing. I haven't had chapped lips since I started using it!

Rest is the most important part of looking good. You can't always fake 8 hours of sleep! My silk eye mask is great for blocking out light and forces me to calm down and get some rest.

Probably my can't-live-without beauty product. I love how this color adjusts perfectly to my lips to give me a natural shade of pink. It is also full of Vitamin E so it is super-moisturizing and smells like roses. So great!

xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips