Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Favorites

March has been such a whirlwind. I can't believe I've gone from finals on the East Coast to home for a few days in California to now studying in Italy-- so many wonderful things have happened over the past 31 days, and I know things will continue to get better in April.

Here are a few of my favorites from March:

Head to Toe Black
via Pinterest
I love the all black look (I'll be posting more about it later this week) that I have seen so many Italians rock. It is chic and sophisticated. By playing with textures and adding one bold accessory (a necklace or a scarf or a bag), you look instantly elegant. Obsessed!

Joie Ailey Leather Jacket
via Joie
In the same vein as the all black look, I am obsessed with my Joie Ailey leather jacket. I know I'll get a ton of wear out of this classic piece and think the cut is just so flattering. Love it!

Silk Scarves
via Pinterest
I have been loving adding a silk scarf to a neutral outfit. The pop of color instantly livens things up.

Dior Healthy Glow Blush
via Pinterest
I have been obsessed with the Dior Healthy Glow range for awhile, but I am especially in love with the blush- it's simply perfect for spring. The color is very bright initially, but gets much more subtle when applied (use a light hand) and blends easily. The cool blue undertones make eyes look whiter and your face look fresher all around!

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil
via Pinterest
A few weeks ago, I got a facial after a particularly bad breakout (most likely due to a very stressful end of the term). The esthetician said my skin was pretty weak and dehydrated and recommend I use something with Vitamin C to strengthen my skin. Luckily, I had this serum at home already and began using it twice per day. It could be a total placebo effect, but my breakouts are majorly reduced even after traveling and getting less-than-ideal amounts of sleep. Great find!

Cacio e Pepe Pasta
via Pinterest
Since getting to Rome, I've tried out a new pasta dish called Cacio e Pepe. Essentially it is a type of pasta with some olive oil, cheese and lots of black pepper. Initially I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I ended up loving it. Obviously it isn't very healthy so I've only had it a couple of times since arriving in Rome but it's incredible.

Gelato
via Pinterest
I've been trying out a new gelato place every few days (somehow my sweet tooth has majorly disappeared since moving to Rome) when I'm in the mood, and I've found a few great places. At the end of my trip, I'll be posting a guide to all my favorite places in Rome including gelato.

Rome
via Pinterest
I am so happy that I decided to study abroad in Rome for a quarter. There were so many times I became nervous about the program- I am not an art history major, I barely speak italian, I was going to miss my family and boyfriend so much et cetera. However, the city itself has provided me an unparalleled educational and cultural experience that I have really enjoyed. My italian has drastically improved since I got here, I've learned about the fundamentals of Roman art and architecture throughout history and keeping in touch with my family and boyfriend has not been as difficult as I anticipated (thank you FaceTime). Feeling at home while abroad is so nice and thanks to a few visitors over the term, my real home doesn't seem so far away.

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo 











09 10 11 12
Blogging tips