Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Italian Style: Leather Jackets

Leather Jacket Outfits


Since getting to Italy, I have noticed just how popular leather is with Italians. From skirts to bags to even pants (not for the faint of heart!), leather-- or pelle in Italian-- is in every story window, but nothing quite matches the staying power of a leather jacket.

I have wanted to buy a leather jacket for a very long time, but always felt they were too edgy for my generally feminine taste. However, after trying on Joie's Ailey leather jacket, I realized that was simply not the case. This jacket was a big purchase for me, and I know it will have a lot of staying power- I've already worn it countless times as it's perfect for transitioning from winter to spring!

Here are some outfit ideas:

Leather Jacket Outfits



I try to stay within my comfort zone with the jacket, by making sure I mix it with classic pieces so my outfit stays feminine. I love the combination of black and white, especially with a girly bow at the neck. 

For springtime, throw a leather jacket over a floral dress for an unexpected twist, or mix animal prints by adding it to a snakeskin ensemble (however, don't try leopard print other than shoes as that verges on tacky).

Dress up your favorite silk PJ style shirt (so comfy) by tucking it into a black circle skirt and tossing on a leather jacket. Rolling out of bed has never looked so good!

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips