Monday, March 31, 2014

Required Reading: Week of March 31


Ciao from the eternal city! 

After a whirlwind first week and weekend full of delicious food, time with friends and lots of learning, I am full of inspiration for new posts on the blog.

I've figured that I will definitely try to be posting during the week, but will be taking the weekends off (mini-breaks will prevent me from taking weeks at a time off). So, here's an abridged version of this week's required reading, featuring some of Italy's finest:

Fashion: Italians have flawless style (more on this later in the week). I've seen the craziest shoes, most gorgeous coats and airy scarves as locals transition from winter to spring. Click here for Refinery29's guide to mastering chic European style.

Beauty: Now that spring is here, it's time for a much needed spring cleaning. Allure has an in-depth guide to cleaning all of your beauty brushes and tools. Read about it here.

Wellness: I have been walking so much since I got to Italy. No wonder so many Italians are in great shape! Given the traffic and sometimes inconsistent public transportation, walking is often the fastest way to get somewhere. The first day or so, I was honestly so sore it was embarrassing (okay, I do have to climb up six flights of stairs every day to get to my apartment!), but I've totally noticed a change in my body. Here are some benefits of walking that will encourage you to skip the subway and walk.

Recipe: I tried cacio e pepe pasta for the first time a few days ago and absolutely love it. While this simple dish isn't the healthiest, it is so delicious! Make it at home here.

Song of the Week: "This Head I Hold" by Electric Guest

xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips