Monday, March 17, 2014

A Much Needed Break


It's been a little over a week since my last post, which is the longest I've ever gone without writing something for the blog. The past few days have been filled with finals, goodbyes, plane rides and time with family at home. With all the emotions and mental exhaustion, I simply didn't feel like my content was meeting my standards, so it seemed that some time off was in order.

I am currently home for a "mini spring break" (think: 4 days) with my family before I head off to Italy where I will be studying abroad for spring quarter. I thought it was really important for me to take some pressure off by taking a break from blogging while I prepare for the trip, spend time with family and catch up on sleep. I have to say, it has been somewhat liberating. 

I wrote in the past about struggling to find inspiration. What I didn't include in that post is that sometimes, time away from a project is exactly what you need to get the inspiration you want. My blog's audience has been growing steadily, which has made me come up with a laundry list of changes I want to make and ideas I want to implement in order to make my blog better. However, right now there doesn't seem to be much time for anything beside posting, which I am okay with.

Over the past week, I've slept a lot, spent time with my family and generally let go of responsibility. It's been kind of cathartic to be in an environment where I don't really have to keep it together as much as I do when I'm away from home. I can't and shouldn't try to do it all. Somewhere between getting a facial and eating fish tacos, I found some semblance of inner peace and a lot of inspiration. And while I cannot (and will not) promise to post regularly while I'm abroad, I have a lot I want to share with my readers!

So, look forward to a slew of different posts this in the next few weeks full of fashion, literature, beauty and travel-- all starting tomorrow. Here's to a wonderful week!

xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips