Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Favorites

Can you believe February is already over? Every year it feels like this month just speeds by even though it's only 2 or 3 days shorter than the other 11 months out of the year. And while sometimes I feel like time is just rushing by me, I am excited to move into March with warmer weather and new adventures (more on that later!).

Here are some of the things that I've been loving this month:

Fashion: Leather
via Theory

I have been incorporating a lot of leather into my wardrobe lately. From leather accents on riding pants to a few new leather skirt purchases to riding boots, flats and bags, leather adds an unexpected twist to my mostly conservative outfits (aka my everyday uniform of skirt + silk blouse). I have been loving circle skirts and A line silhouettes, so playing with materials is a great way to spice things up and add some unexpected edge to an outfit.

Accessories: Layering Jewelry
via Miera T

I have always loved delicate gold jewelry (Jennifer Meyer is simply the best!) but I love it even more when I layer necklaces. Seriously, the more the merrier! I mix chain lengths and styles, but keep to the same material to keep the look classic. This also works great with bigger statement necklaces like J. Crew's jewels. I layer basically any crystal necklace with a pearl necklace, making sure that the necklaces are made of the same metal and have lengths that look nice together. Then, I have a custom look that really makes a statement!

For the past few years I have been obsessed with DiorShow and DiorShow New Look mascara. While I'll always love the classic DiorShow for it's build able formula and volumizing effect, YSL Babydoll Mascara has been a recent favorite. The brush is synthetic (rubber) which I surprisingly like given that I've always loved classic bristly brushes. The formula doesn't clump at all and gives me full, defined lashes in fewer swipes than DiorShow (gasp!).

Whenever I stray from Kiehl's I end up regretting it. My skin just loves how gentle Kiehl's products are, especially in this drying winter weather. I've been rotating my Kiehl's with my very potent Kate Somerville line and my skin has gotten back in balance. Yippee!

Music: Cider Sky
This band is a recent discovery of mine, although they have been around for some time. Check out their song "We Are in Love;" it is so catchy!

Music: My Latest Playlist
This month has been filled with danceable music like Viceroy, Lorde, Passion Pit and M.I.A. This playlist has been my go to for everything fro getting ready in the morning to doing homework to hanging out with friends. Enjoy!

Food: Pasta/Grain Salad
Photo & Recipe from Martha Stewart

There's a really great little farm to table restaurant near campus that has the best pasta and grain salads from lentils to black rice to orzo everything is simply delicious! And perfect for on the go.

Color of the Month: Gold
Photo via Pinterest

Until recently, I never knew weather gold or silver looked better on me. In terms of my nicest jewelry, I mostly wear silver or white gold. However, I received and started wearing a lot more gold this month and have been loving it! From sweaters to ballet flats to hardware on my bags, I am just loving all things gilded.

Miscellaneous: Celebrating
Photo via Pinterest

I felt like I was celebrating all the time this month- and there was cause for a lot of ruckus. From anniversaries to teaming up with Warby Parker to Valentine's Day (you're the best, bf!!) to working really hard in my classes, I feel like this month has been a slew of celebratory dinners, lunches and late night dance parties with friends (and my sorority sisters of course!). Every day I feel more settled on campus and even though I get homesick more than I'd like to admit- I'm so happy that I am surrounded by friends, a boyfriend and sisters who I can celebrate and who celebrate me. 
Hopefully March has just as much fun in store!

Cheers!
xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips