Sunday, February 9, 2014

Music to My Ears: February 2014 Music Favorites Update

This month has been filled with a serious amount of studying in the library, and therefore a serious amount of time spent sorting through music on Spotify. I've come back to some older favorites, discovered some new artists and have made quite a few playlists.

Here's what I've been loving:

Bombay Bicycle Club
A longtime favorite band of mine, Bombay Bicycle Club has been blasting from my Bose Soundlink Mini Speakers (highly recommend these!) lately. The indie rock group features melodic guitars and now some 80s synth beats. Their new album So Long See You Tomorrow is great, but my favorite is A Different Kind of Fix (specifically the song "Your Eyes"). 

Phoenix
I have always been obsessed with French synth rock band Phoenix (I think I've seen them live at least 3 times), especially their most popular album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (how good is "Girlfriend"?!). However, lately I've been listening to their older music, mainly their album from 2000 United (favorite tracks: "If I Ever Feel Better" and "Too Young").

Delorean
I had heard of this Barcelona-based band many times, but had never actually listened to their music. Now I can't get the songs "Deli" or "Seasun" out of my head! Their music is simply fun (and so danceable). Check out their 2009 album Ayrton Senna for some of the best dance music you'll hear. 

Phantogram
I'm clearly going through a little bit of an electronic rock/synth phase right now (acoustic guitar overload?), and have been so into Phantogram's 2011 album Nightlife, especially the tracks "Don't Move" and "Turning Into Stone." The album is a great blend of guitar, hip hop-style beats, moody vocals and synthesizer. For first time listeners, check out their most famous album Eyelid Movies (start with "When I'm Small" and "You Are the Ocean").

G-Eazy
I don't listen to a ton of rap and hip hop, but I just love rapper G-Eazy's music. One of my cousins showed his music to me and I've been listening to the album Must Be Easy (the song "Lady Killers" and "Rebel" are embarrassingly catchy, despite the admittedly trashy lyrics) ever since. 

Enjoy!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips