Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Required Reading


Sorry I've been a little MIA lately- between midterms, essays and a few doctor's appointments I haven't had much time for anything, including the blog!

News Story: Copies of Wendy Doniger's Book The Hindus: An Alternative History published by Penguin Books India were recalled and then destroyed after it was deemed offensive to Hindus. Read the thought-provoking story about censorship, economics and literature here and the follow up here.

Fashion: Check out Vogue's Instagrams from Fashion Week here! #vogueinstafashion

Long Read Essay: The Atlantic's Deborah Fallows wrote a really interesting article called "What We Mean When We Say Hello" analyzing what different questions in conversations mean depending on which part of the country you ask them in (for example, in South Carolina it's perfectly acceptable to ask "where do you go to church?" after you meet someone).

Arts & Culture: Check out these Vintage Olympic Photos from Vanity Fair that are timely given the games in Sochi.

Beauty: I've had bangs my whole life (right now, side bangs) and absolutely love them. A few of my friends have asked me about getting bangs, but I don't really have any kind of authority of hair styles. However, this Allure article might help you out if you're thinking about making the cut!

Wellness: This Refinery 29 post about tricks to improve memory has me excited to make some changes that will hopefully mean I'll remember everything from the items on my to do list to the terms on my Italian flash cards.

Recipe: Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix from Food 52

Song of the Week: New Politics' "Harlem

xoxo 

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips