Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday 2013: Music



Now that my first gift guide is up, it's officially time to start my holiday posts! Yippee! The holidays are my favorite time. I seriously could listen to Christmas music year round. Speaking of which, here are my favorite albums of all time, and a link that features some of them in a holiday playlist on Spotify.

The Classics: Ella, Frank and Bing
These go without saying, but every Christmas song by any of these three vocal geniuses is glorious. My favorites are Winter Wonderland (Ella Fitzgerald), Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Frank Sinatra) and Snow (Bing Crosby).

The Beach Boys' Christmas Album
This is my all time favorite Christmas album. In general, nothing takes me back to my childhood like listening to the Beach Boys. For some reason the beach-y vibes their music gives off makes me want to nod my head along with every tune. My favorite? Little Saint Nick. Not even a question!

A Very She & Him Christmas
This album is simply wonderful. And I mean just that- it is simple and wonderful! Every song is clear, beautiful vocals paired with soothing strumming. Favorite track: Silver Bells.

Holidays Rule
This compilation of alternative rockers is overall an extremely solid mix of classic songs that have all been reimagined by some of today's most talented emerging artists. I especially love Fun.'s cover of Sleigh Ride and The Shins' rendition of Wonderful Christmastime.

This Warm December, A Brushfire Holiday Volume 2
The word that comes to mind when I listen to this album is soothing. I just want to sway along to every sweet song! Of particular interest is Rogue Wave's cover of Jingle Bell Rock.

A Very Special Christmas
I've loved almost every "Very Special Christmas" volume, but this 25th anniversary edition is by far my favorite probably because of Jason Mraz's cover of Winter Wonderland. I could seriously listen to it on repeat every day.

The Bird & The Bee
The song Carol of the Bells by The Bird & The Bee is the most hauntingly beautiful thing. It really creeped me out the first time I heard it, but I somehow love it now.


Happy Holidays!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips