Thursday, November 28, 2013

In Thanksgiving

Today is my favorite day of the year, Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving because it is if full of my favorite things: family, friends and food. There is no better way to celebrate all we have to be thankful for than be spending time with people you value over a great meal. Every year, I'm lucky enough to be able to do just that with both sides of my family. 

My past couple of posts have been both nostalgic, which is exactly what this post is going to be because I have so much to be thankful for.

This last year has been filled with so much happiness and goodness and I think Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to both recognize and celebrate all the wonderful things that have happened in my life. 

I'm thankful for my health. There's nothing like getting really sick that makes you appreciate the times you are healthy.  I've been really sick lately and am still recovering, but I am so thankful that I've been taken care of by friends, family and doctors so I can make a speedy recovery.

I am thankful for my education. I love to learn. I especially love to read. This past term I took a life-changing English course about Shakespeare that influenced the way I now think about all kinds of literature. I am so thankful that I go to a school where I can have fulfilling academic conversations with peers and professors. I have learned so much from my classmates and in the classroom, and know the next two and a half years will be filled with more intellectual exploration as well.

More than anything, however, this year has been particularly special because of the incredible people who have been in my life. I'm so thankful for my family and f friends both who constantly support and love me no matter what. I am incredibly lucky to have such a huge support system both at school and at home. These people have helped me become confident in my decisions and have encouraged me to take risks and push my boundaries to grow. They have inspired me to become a better person, which is something I strive for every day.

So, here's to a future filled with many more things to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips