Sunday, November 3, 2013

Music to My Ears: New(ish) Album Releases

This fall a number of great albums have been released. From acoustic to rock to dance, September and October have been full of crazy good music! Here are some of my favorite new releases:

The Head and The Heart
I can't even begin to describe how much I love The Head and The Heart. Their music is beautiful and full of soul. Their previous (and first) album "The Head and The Heart" set extremely high standards, providing them with both an opportunity and a challenge to build on their unique melodies and create a masterpiece of a second album. "Let's Be Still" is just that. The central piano and strings make the music elegant and the perfect music for weekends. Album Highlights: "Homecoming Heroes," "My Friends" and "Shake."


Hellogoodbye
This album is seriously fun. Hellogoodbye's incredible sophomore album "Would It Kill You?" is the perfect blend of dance and acoustic songs which helped create their signature sweet and quirky style and set high expectations for "Everything Is Debatable." What's wonderful and weird about this album is that I don't really think I can compare it to "Would It Kill You?" It's a completely different, danceable album that will immediately put you in a happy mood. Album Highlights: "Just Don't Let GO," and "Swear You're In Love."

Lorde
I have to apologize to all of my friends who haven't heard me stop gushing about this album since it came out a couple of weeks ago. From start to finish, this album is unbelievable. It's perfect for blasting in the car, at the gym, or in the library when doing homework. Lorde's hypnotic vocals paired with slow synths make this album totally addictive. Album Highlights: "400 Lux," "Ribs" and "Buzzcut Season."

The Avett Brothers
The Avett Brothers have been a staple in my iTunes library for a few years now. Their acoustic, bluegrass instrumentals paired with soulful and deep vocals make for some of the most beautiful and raw music I have ever heard. "Magpie and the Dandelion" is simply beautiful. Every song is honest, sweet and emotional. Album highlights: "Souls Like Wheels," "Bring Your Love to Me" and "Good To You."

Happy listening!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips