Saturday, December 14, 2013

Current Obsessions

First, an explanation:

Full disclosure: I have been completely MIA on the blog for the past week as my boyfriend was visiting me from across the country. I honestly did not really want to spend time editing posts while he was here as I wanted to take advantage of every minute of the trip. This was definitely the right move. It was a wonderful week!

Anyway, back to business as usual:

Salvatore Ferragamo Smoking Slippers
I've always wanted a pair of smoking slippers but didn't think I would find a pair that A) I could pull off, B) would work with my existing wardrobe and C) be comfortable. Enter an adorable pair of black velvet smoking slippers with a gold and tortoise shell bow. Feminine, easy to wear and totally comfortable- no breaking in period required. I am sold!

Diptyque's "Baies" Candle
I will never get tired of this rose and blackcurrant scent. I keep a small candle and the matching room spray next to my bed and the scents always make me relax before I go to sleep. Plus, the simple black and white designs are very chic and look great on my night table.

Deborah Lippmann's "It's Raining Men" Nail Polish
While I typically stick to neutral nail colors like pink and mauve, I wanted to try out a bold color during my most recent visit to the nail salon. Red was the perfect choice. In fact, I'm really obsessed with the color red in general right now. A couple of months ago I purchased a pair of fire engine red rain boots and think they add the perfect pop of color to any outfit.

Alice + Olivia Skirt
Alice + Olivia is one of my favorite new clothing lines. The clothes fit so well.  I love that the line includes a lot of traditional elements but keeps pieces looking young with modern silhouettes and unexpected details. The pleated skirt I purchased is the perfect blend of traditional Scottish tartan and a contemporary short, swingy hemline. It also looks great with black tights and the aforementioned smoking slippers!

Caudalie Beauty Elixir
This is one of those totally unnecessary items that has become a very necessary part of my pre-bed routine. I mist Caudalie's beauty elixir over my face before I apply my moisturizer to make sure my skin doesn't get dry in the cold winter air. The bottle, designed by L'Wren Scott, is gorgeous and the mist smells and feels incredibly refreshing after a long day.

Madewell Field Parka
I've been looking for a cute and extra warm coat for when I return to college in New England after New Year. When I was shopping at Madewell recently, this field parka caught my eye. I absolutely love it! There is a removable fur lining inside and a detachable hood that I know will be used a lot when snow is falling heavily. Note: the coat runs a bit big so plan to go down at least one size.

The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman
I've been hearing great things about this book for a while now and I finally understand why. Although I'm only about halfway into the story, I've been completely sucked into the world that Waldman has crafted. Her exploration of 21st century love is witty and thought-provoking. A book review will most certainly be coming soon.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
I will never sleep enough. I've grown to accept it. However, my skin hasn't. I sometimes get unfortunately dark under eye circles from lack of sleep but this concealer and setting powder duo (paired with a double shot cappuccino) help me look and feel like I've slept 10 hours.

Happy Saturday!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips