Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November Favorites

I know I'm posting this a little later than usual, but hey- better late than never, right?

November was a really fantastic month overall. I truly feel like my life is heading in the right direction and that I'm so happy with the meaningful relationships that I have. 

However, November was also a really busy month. Between finals and formals and flights back home, I felt like I was in go mode all the time. These are the things I reached for the most:

Pearls
I've been wearing a really special pair of pearl earrings I have nonstop and I can't get enough of them. First of all, pearls are timeless. Second, they go with absolutely everything. Silver? Gold? Black? White? They're perfect for any occasion.

Sparkly Tweed
This is strangely specific, but I purchased a sparkly tweed pleated skirt from Nordstrom at the beginning of September and have been wearing it a ton lately. Since then, I've also purchased a couple of sparkly tweed dresses and another skirt. Tweed is feminine and classic and paired with a little bit of shimmer, the material is youthful and fun. Obsessed!

My mom surprised me with this face mask and a bunch of other spa goodies when she came to visit me last term. I have to say this is pretty incredible. It leaves skin feeling so smooth and hydrated. It isn't really a treatment for anything (i.e. acne, hyper pigmentation, etc.) 

Deborah Lippmann Glitter Nail Lacquer
I've been loving "Today Was a Fairy Tale" as a topcoat over neutral colors such as "Modern Love" or "Chasing Pavements." 

Curled Hair
I've been in major need of a haircut (actually getting one today, yippee!) so to camouflage my undyed roots and scraggly ends I've been curling my hair and really liking it.

The xx
I've liked The xx for awhile, but recently I've just been listening to their music nonstop. I rotate that with Lorde and my ears are very happy.

Stationary
I've been into writing little notes, cards and longer letters lately so I've been going through stationary like crazy. Anything personalized is right up my alley.

Happy December!
xoxo





09 10 11 12
Blogging tips