Monday, December 16, 2013

Kick Up Your Heels: Festive Shoes for the Holidays

I simply love dressing up for holiday parties. I have a few different events to attend in the next couple of weeks, and while I have been looking for some new cocktail dresses (you can never have too many, right?), nothing completes an outfit like an eye catching pair of shoes. And this means a little (okay, a lot) of sparkle.

And this year flat's aren't off limits. 

Last December, I bought a pair of 4-inch glittery heels that were classic and so festive. They weren't even uncomfortable when I walked around on the soft carpet of the store and I knew they would look great in pictures with my black dress (shocker) and polka dot nylons.

I was wrong.

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way: by attempting to break them in at a holiday cocktail party. I was absolutely miserable in the pumps after standing in them for more than 10 minutes- my feet were killing me! This year, a shorter heel (or none at all) will still feel dressy, especially if sequins are involved.

Here are some of my favorite kicks:


Kick Up Your Heels

Mary Jane: Miu Miu / Etta: J.Crew / Charm: Kate Spade Biella: J Crew / Trick: Kate Spade / Darby: J Crew 
Felicia: Sam Edelman

Happy Holidays!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips