Saturday, December 7, 2013

Let's Be Still


A couple of nights ago I saw The Head & The Heart in concert, promoting their new album Let's Be Still. The Head & The Heart is one of my favorite live bands- on top of making great music, they have an incredible stage dynamic that really makes me buy into them as a group. It's like I want to be friends with the whole band!

Let's Be Still is the band's second album, and, while it hasn't gained the same popularity as their first album (The Head & The Heart), it is solid overall. I really love the lyrics of the band's songs- they're totally unique from the love ballads and party anthems that usually dominate the top of the music charts. They're music is introspective and often focuses on specific moments or feelings which I think fills a gap in the music world today.

My favorite song on the new album is definitely "Let's Be Still." The lyrics resonate with me because they're about just slowing down and being still for a moment. And lately life has been anything but still- the past 6 weeks or so have been a whirlwind of change.

 I've done a lot of reflecting and maturing in what seems like a short amount of time. I've placed a premium on pursuing my own happiness. I've really done everything except "be still," yet I do feel overwhelming inner peace.

I think I realized all of this when I heard this song live (admittedly, the first time I had heard this song period) at the concert. 

Despite my lack of sleep and busy schedule, I have recently found a such a sense of purpose and have finally felt like my life is moving in the "right" direction.

Hopefully, this continues and my future is filled with good friends, time with family and great music.

Listen to The Head & The Heart here: Let's Be Still 

Happy listening!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips