Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Contemporary Brands I Love

As I've learned more and more about fashion, I've found a few cool high end contemporary brands that I have fallen in love with. Clothes from these lines are mainly geared toward people in their twenties, but I think that many pieces can look great on people of all ages.

The following four lines have captured a classic feminine look, but have added modern details to keep clothes looking both current and timeless. Additionally, I've found that these lines fit really well on a range of different women because the clothes are well-structured.


Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet
This girly line features all things lace, tweed, pink and shimmery. Alice + Olivia's jackets usually feature some kind of oversized bow and many dresses have the perfect cap sleeve and universally flattering a-line skirt. I have to say that the fit of the brand's jackets is unparalleled. Somehow, they always look structured without looking stuffy and lay really well over a simple solid blouse or dress.
Rag & Bone
This New York meets London brand is the epitome of city chic. The tailoring is timeless, but I've found the line to be somewhat edgy. And while that isn't my style, I have found that many of their pieces are really versatile, which is highlighted by the options below- the cable knit could look preppy with a tartan skirt or edgy with some leather leggings. My picks from the brand are the ankle boots (so comfortable) and the sweaters.

Rebecca Taylor
Rebecca Taylor is one of the first brands I look at whenever I need a dress. The designs are so modern, young and fun, yet really wearable. I bought an open back red dress from Rebecca Taylor that I have probably worn over a dozen times in the last 6 months. The clothes tend to be pretty understated (lots of solids, leather, occasional sequins) but can easily be worn over and over again with different accessories. And the amount of tweed going on here is so good.
Equipment
Look no further for the perfect shirt. Parisian clothing brand Equipment has you covered! The blouses fall so effortlessly and come in every color and pattern imaginable. I love the neutrals (surprise, surprise) both collared and scoop neck. These are great for work, school or just hanging around and last forever. 

Happy shopping!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips