Friday, January 3, 2014

December Favorites

I know this post comes a little late, but here are my favorite things from December (and, well, early January):

Red
I am seriously obsessed with the color red. Because my closet is pretty monochromatic (mostly black), red is the perfect pop of color for any outfit. Be it red nails or a red coat, this vibrant hue is sure to liven up your look.

Plaid
A classic plaid scarf is quintessential winter wear- not only does it add to an outfit, but it also keeps you super warm. Lately, I've been loving (surprise) a red plaid scarf I got for Christmas. It looks great with everything! 

J. Crew Jewels
Somehow, J. Crew always gets it right when it comes to jewelry. Their statement necklaces are bold and sparkly without looking too gaudy or fake. Especially tucked under the collar of a button up shirt or peeking out from under a scarf, these necklaces add just the right amount of sparkle.


Bumble & Bumble
Bumble and Bumble hair products epitomize what every girl looks for in a hair care line: a range of products that give you the best version of your hair. Bb products can give you anything from shiny strands to lots of volume to full curls or pin straight styles. They also smell incredible- my favorites are their Straight Blow Dry Creme and Hairdresser's Invisible Oil


Drybar
As you possibly know, I went to Drybar to get a blowout a few weeks ago. It was incredible. Read more about the experience here.

Lattes
A completely random favorite, but I have made a switch from drinking cappuccinos to drinking lattes. Since I don't usually eat breakfast (please don't remind me how unhealthy that is), a latte definitely fills me up more than a cappuccino and also has a less intense espresso flavor that I like. Delicious!

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I saw this movie recently and absolutely loved it. It was hilarious, quirky and sweet- somehow reminding me of 500 Days of Summer but it didn't crush my hopes at the end (seriously though, how depressing is that bench scene?!). This happy movie about finding a sense of place and purpose was based on James Thurber's short story (read it here). I would highly recommend this!

Welcome 2014 and here's to a great January!
xoxo







09 10 11 12
Blogging tips