Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Crazy for Coffee

Ain't that the truth?

I remember the first time I drank coffee: I was in seventh grade and ordered a latte from Starbucks after school while hanging out with friends. I felt so mature. The strong, bitter taste filled my mouth and I loved that smoky flavor in addition to the sudden burst of energy espresso gave me. I was hooked.

"I orchestrate my morning to the tune of coffee" -Henry Mahtar

Since then, preparing and drinking coffee has become almost ritualistic for me. The bold taste of coffee tells me it's time to wake up. There's nothing like the smell of brewing french roast on a cold winter morning.

Every morning, I wake up and either prepare my own coffee or walk to a local coffee shop (okay, sometimes Starbucks) and buy a cup. When I'm making coffee myself, I use a three-cup french press.


How To French Press: For a three-cup press, measure a heaping tablespoon of roughly ground espresso. Pour this into the bottom of the glass part of the press and then add hot (but not boiling) water. Let the coffee steep for at least four minutes (I usually aim for 6 or 7 because I like strong coffee). And then attach the top of the press and push down on the plunger part very slowly. Then pour into a mug and enjoy.



Favorite Coffees: French Roast (try this one from Peets), Illy coffee (the best!) and Jacob's Wonderbar blend from Philz Coffee. I also love this Bella Donovan Blue Bottle coffee blend. They're all available for order on line.

Rise and shine!
xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips