Sunday, September 29, 2013

Good Morning, Gorgeous! How to Look Rested after a Restless Night

Truth be told, I have been exhausted lately. From already studying for midterms (how is this possible so early in the term?!) to going through sorority rush to three hour dinners with friends and sometimes (read: never) making it to the gym, I have been getting far from 8 hours of sleep per night. And even when I get close, I still feel like I've been hit by a train. And my skin, eyes and hair aren't happy either. So, here's my go-to-guide for faking eight hours of rest, even when you haven't slept a wink:

ONE: Roll out of bed

Those 15 minutes are better spent fixing the damage than rolling around in bed trying to squeeze in a few extra zzz's.

TWO: Toss your moisturizer and eye cream in the fridge before heading to the shower

I'm not kidding. Then massage the product all over your face post shower. The cold will encourage blood vessels to contract, making eyes look more awake and skin more alive. Try this caffeine-filled eye cream for eyes that always seems tired.

THREE: Massage in your conditioner


Conditioner usually works best when only applied to the mid-lengths and ends of hair, but massaging it into the scalp makes tired, dry strands shiny. Rinse thoroughly.

FOUR: Blow dry


Give your hair a quick blast of air to speedy dry time and boost body. Focus at the roots, then flip your head over and dry your hair upside down for extra volume.

FIVE: Curl your lashes


I never believed in the hype of spending money on an eyelash curler until I tried my friend's. Suddenly, my lashes looked longer and my eyes looked wider. After using some eye drops to whiten and soothe irritated eyes, curl your lashes before putting on any make up. 

SIX: Fake flawless skin 


Spend the majority of your time on creating an all over even base. Conceal imperfections, under eye circles and blotchy skin. Then warm up skin with a pearlescent blush (try this) or dewey illuminator (like this). 

SEVEN: Open your eyes


Here's where make up can help the most. Apply a natural, matte eyeshadow (shimmer can make eyes look puffy) and eyeliner along the lash line as well as mascara. Line the inner bottom rim of your eyes with flesh toned concealor or a cream eyeshadow pencil to make eyes look whiter. Take this same color and apply to the inner corner of eyes for a wide awake look.

Good morning!
xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips