Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welcome Autumn!!!

Now that Labor Day weekend is over, it is officially fall! Autumn is my absolute favorite season. If you're wondering why I'm so obsessed with the "ber" months, here's your answer:

Pumpkins
I have the most bizarre obsession with anything pumpkin flavored. I can't wait for pumpkin pie (try this recipe), pumpkin oatmeal and most importantly pumpkin spice lattes!

Cable Knit
There is nothing better than curling up with a good book and a mug of tea in your coziest cable knit sweater. I can't wait to pull out my cream cable knit from Madewell and am excited to shop Halogen's latest sweaters at Nordstrom.

Autumn Mornings
I go to school in New England, and as a California girl I have to admit I've missed out on really crisp autumn mornings. Not that we don't get a little bit of a chill in the mornings and that California isn't the most amazing place to live, but I do enjoy the vibrant colors of the northeast. Last year I lived near this pond off campus and would jog around it or walk the loop while calling my parents- the chill in the air and the frost on the ground was so refreshing.

Apples
Apple picking, apple pie, apple cider doughnuts, you name it! My favorite fruit is finally in season and I couldn't be happier.

Dark Nails
I always feel weird wearing dark nail polishes in the summer (I'm not goth, I promise!), but dark varnish in the fall is a different story. My favorite shades is Sephora OPI's Caffeine Fix.

Halloween
So maybe I take tradition a little too seriously. Halloween is wonderful! Yes, my friends and I went trick-or-treating every single year until we graduated high school and yes, I dressed as Hermione Granger (HP forever!) way too many times. But this holiday rocks! When else can I get free Reeses PB Cups!? Yum!

Socks
I love tall, slouchy, cozy wool socks. Fall is the perfect time snuggle up and I feel like I'm always wearing a pair of these.

Maple

Back to the college in New England thing- last year I was introduced to maple with... everything! I love pure Vermont Maple syrup as well as maple walnut oatmeal, maple walnut ice cream/cookies/cupcakes/baked goods. So much for the summer of health, right?

Thanksgiving
My favorite holiday of all time! I have a huge family (I'm Irish, Italian and Peruvian, what can I say?) and both sides of my family always come together to share a meal and spend time together with each other. 

finally... the return of my Melissa Buttons!
If I were ever on that TLC show "My Strange Addiction" (don't watch it, it's so freaky!) I would probably be on it for my boot addiction. Specifically my addiction to my Frye Melissa Button riding boots. It is officially not weird for me to wear these with dresses and skirts and sweaters and jackets and pants and black tights.

Happy fall!
xoxo










09 10 11 12
Blogging tips