Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Get Inspired & Stay That Way!

I've never really written about my blog before. There isn't really much to say- I love writing, reading and fashion! This blog truly is my creative outlet. While writing my blog posts is fun, there are times when I get a little stressed out when trying to come up with new content. Here's how I get my creative juices flowing- for my blog, for school and for life!

  1. Work Out: You all probably think I'm some psycho gym nut. I'm not. The main reasons I work out are to release stress and get those feel-good endorphins going. Somehow, I always end up getting the best ideas after an intense workout at the gym.
  2. Rip & Tear: I keep a 3-inch binder on my bookshelf with dividers for different topics: "fashion," "beauty," "literature," etc. I tear out and hole punch different articles that teach me new things, make me think differently and inspire me to write better. Whenever I'm feeling uninspired I pull out my binder and look through my articles.
  3. Talk it Out: I get by with a little help from my friends- really! I ask my most trusted friends for their opinions, ideas, questions and feedback. Asking people who will be honest with you is important. One of my friends told me she prefers my literary posts, another told me he likes study and organizational tips, still someone told me she loved reading about skincare. Hearing my friends' honest opinions has helped me streamline my brainstorming.
  4. Read & Watch: Sometimes, I just want to give my mind a break from the "serious" literature I love so much. That's when I turn to YouTube and lifestyle blogs. I have regular blogs and YouTube channels I subscribe to, but I often search topics I want more info on. You'll be amazed by how much you find!
  5. Pin It: Pinterest really is the best. I love creating secret mood boards on the site. Okay, "secret mood board" sounds like something out of CSI. But often times, I'm brainstorming super lame things (i.e. what color I want my highlights to be) and don't really feel the need to share my brainstorming with the whole world. A mood board allows me to add really specific pins to a board without fear of being redundant. The point is to get ideas about one or two specific things. Example: I have a pin board (my only public mood board haha!) about Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl's style (obsessed!). While dozens of photos of the style icon may be a little boring, the whole board has the same feel or 'mood.' 
I hope these tips helped you out!
Happy brainstorming!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips