Monday, September 30, 2013

September 2013 Favorites

I can't believe it is almost October! Seriously, where did the time go? I felt like it was just yesterday I was writing my 'August Favorites' post. Jeez! Anyway September has been a month of great transition. From returning to college for sophomore year to taking on new responsibilities to challenging myself with harder classes, I think I've tested my boundaries and grown a lot over the past 30 days. I absolutely do want to continue on this trajectory of personal growth and reflection in October and beyond. And now, here is my month in favorites:


------------------------------This Month in Fashion: Structure------------------------------
I've been really into structured dresses, skirts and jackets this month. Fitted dresses and strong-shouldered jackets feel so 'fall' to me.


------------------------------This Month in Literature: Shakespeare------------------------------
I'm currently taking a Shakespeare class and am obsessed. From movie adaptations to the original texts, Shakespeare really is the real deal.

Romeo + Juliet
The sweetest and most frustrating tragedy of all time

Hamlet
To be or not to be?

------------------------------This Month in Music: A Return to Classics------------------------------

Frank Sinatra


------------------------------This Month in Beauty: Natural------------------------------
Neutral Nails

Painted with Deborah Lippmann's Modern Love & Hard Rock

Signature Scent
Spritzing Jo Malone

Perfect Pout
Moisturized by Christian Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm

Long Lashes
Curled with Sephora's Eyelash Curler and Diorshow New Look Mascara

------------------------------Mind & Body: Calm------------------------------

Peace of Mind
Thanks to Yogi's Calming Tea


Best Friends
Saving the best for last. This month has reinforced just how lucky I am to have such amazing friends. From bringing my treats to cheer me up to going on long walks and talking about everything and anything, my friends have been the most incredible support system I could ask for.

Happy (almost) October!
xoxo



09 10 11 12
Blogging tips