Sunday, October 13, 2013

How To: Flower Arrangements

No one arranges flowers quite like my mother and grandmother. Maybe it comes from their love of art and understanding of color, but regardless, I've gown up watching my mom and Grandie buy fresh flowers for family events, gifts for friends or to liven up our home. And maybe because I've seen it my whole life or that I've inherited some gene that predisposes me to loving flowers, but I've grown to love making arrangements myself.

To place flowers tastefully, stick to two or three colors plus white/green (natural stems/filler colors). My favorite color combinations are pink, white and green / lavender, blue and white.

Next, place the largest size flower (for example, roses) in the vase. Add the rest of the stems by size- from largest to smallest- and finish by placing filler green or white stems anywhere you see gaps.

Alternatively, a single stem in a tall, thin vase can look elegant, especially when clustered with other single stems in vases (see photo below).

Here are some photographs for inspiration







Enjoy!
xoxo



09 10 11 12
Blogging tips