Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's In My Bag? College Edition

A picture of my school bag and scarf! Woo!

Over the summer, I wrote a post titled "What's in My Bag" while I was traveling through Europe. I love really personal posts like this because I think what a person carries in their bag says a lot about them. So, without further ado, here's what is in my schoolbag, complete with links and pictures.

Day Planner
I use a black Moleskine 18 Month Weekly Notebook as a planner. It's small, light and durable while having all of the features I like about a planner. The left pages of the planner are the weeks with blank spaces to write appointments and the right side is simply ruled. I write my appointments/meetings/blog post ideas on the left side and my daily to do lists (mostly homework) on the right.

Essentials Pouch
This has everything I could need in a pinch- from breath mints to earbuds to sticky notes, it's all in my "essentials pouch." Read a detailed post here.
Pencil Pouch
Pens, pencils and highlighters are all in this adorable pouch with my sorority letters on it (Mine is sort of similar to the one pictured above. Shop cute sorority gear here). 

Folder

I keep one folder for loose handouts (I clean this out at the end of every week and sort things into paper trays) that I get during class. I love using plastic Five Star Stay Put folders that don't tear easily.

Notebooks

I always have at least one notebook in here. I like medium-sized leather journals as I think they fit better in my bag.

Macbook Air
I absolutely am one of those crazy people who lugs their laptop around everywhere. Thankfully I have an 11-inch MacBook air (it's tiny and weighs under 2 pounds). I actually think it might be lighter than my notebooks.

Wallet
I also take my black Epi Leather wallet around with me everywhere. It was originally my mom's but it is seriously the perfect size for any bag. I find myself changing bags a lot (crossbodys on the weekends, woo!) so it's nice not to have to switch from a large wallet to small wallet. It also forces me to throw away or organize my receipts rather than hoard them.

iPhone 5
I love my iPhone 5, so it's always in my bag (with a charger!) in it's hot pink Kate Spade New York 'key pad' case. I love the Kate spade hybrid cases because they protect my phone well yet aren't too bulky and feature adorable designs.

What's in your bag?
xoxo



09 10 11 12
Blogging tips