Thursday, October 24, 2013

Nail Polish Combinations

For those of you who know me, you probably know that I primarily wear black, white and beige clothing. My nails are usually some variation of nude or light pink (Fashion by Deborah Lippmann is one of my all time favorite shades). Boring? Maybe. But I love neutral colors. In my opinion, they are just so chic. Plus, it is easy to mix patterns and textures when you're in all black and white. It's a win-win, right?

Not always. I've been really into splashes of color recently. Whether it's a brightly colored headband or an unexpected bracelet, a hint of something bright completely changes an outfit for the better. My latest color experiment? Nail polish. Here are some of my favorite combinations for hands and toes.

Nail Polish Combinations

Nail Polish Combinations by prosepearlspolkadots

Teal Glitter + Grey | It's like a Tiffany's box on your nails, all the time. Audrey Hepburn would approve.

Black Multi Glitter + Dark Berry | I love pulling the berry color out of the glitter and highlighting it- looks so cute!

Gold Glitter + Bubblegum | Pink and gold always look sweet together. Pair with a pearl bracelet for the ultimate girly combination.

Pink Glitter + Nude | This is probably my stepping stone from all nude nails to just some nude. The sparkly pink is still girly and goes with basically everything (except red, but I seriously own one article of red clothing).

Silver Glitter + Camel | This combination is so elegant. Layering the silver over the camel would look amazing too. 

Bronze + Peacock | I use this combination in make up all the time to bring out blue eyes. Because bronze has orange undertones (complementary to blue), the colors pop when they are near each other.

Happy painting!
xoxo


09 10 11 12
Blogging tips