Thursday, June 20, 2013

20 Books to Read Before College

Happy Thursday (or it's Thursday here in Western Europe where I'm currently traveling-more on that later)... As I've been traveling with my family, we've been talking a bit about books, and I began to think about what books I'm really glad I read before college. There are so many lists I've gotten over the years- summer reading, AP lists, class reading lists- but I really wish there was one list that I could use to figure out exactly what I need to read and when.  In an attempt to make my own list, I've come up with what I think is a pretty comprehensive selection of books to read before college (in no particular order). Enjoy!


  1. To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
  2. Romeo and Juliet- William Shakespeare
  3. The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
  4. The Catcher in the Rye- J.D. Salinger
  5. Animal Farm- George Orwell
  6. Hamlet- William Shakespeare
  7. Frankenstein- Mary Shelley
  8. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
  9. The Odyssey- Homer
  10. Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte
  11. The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath
  12. The Awakening- Kate Chopin
  13. 1984- George Orwell
  14. Heart of Darkness- Joseph Conrad
  15. The Scarlet Letter- Nathaniel Hawthorne
  16. The Adventures of Huck Finn- Mark Twain
  17. Brave New World- Aldous Huxley
  18. Of Mice and Men- John Steinbeck
  19. Oedipus Rex- Sophocles
  20. As I Lay Dying- William Faulkner
Hope you enjoyed my list... What's on yours? Happy reading!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips