Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Reading 2013

Happy summer! It's finally my favorite season of the year. To me, summer means floppy hats paired with sundresses and lazy afternoons spent with a good book and a cold glass of lemonade. Every summer I make a list of books I want to read that I've compiled throughout the academic year. My lists are eclectic and include everything from classics to mysteries to newly released books. I usually go through a book every couple of days (expect a book review soon!!), so here are the first 15 books I'll be reading this summer:
  1. Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov
  2. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
  3. Scoop by Evelyn Waugh
  4. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  5. The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays by Oscar Wilde
  6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  7. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
  8. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  9. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
  10. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt
  11. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
  12. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
  13. The Undercover Economist by Tim Hartford
  14. Save me the Waltz by Zelda Fitzgerald
  15. Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
What is on your summer reading list? Have any recommendations? Comment below! 

Happy reading

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips