Saturday, June 29, 2013

College Chic: Best Bags for School

Best Bags for School



Back to school shopping is one of my favorite things ever. Picking out folders, binders and pencils makes me excited to get back to school and learning (I'm the biggest nerd, I know). I have the most fun, though, picking out my school bag.  

Throughout high school I tried so many different bags. Freshman year I had a standard Jansport backpack that eventually ripped as I rarely used my locker, often carrying books for all 7 classes. Eventually, I realized the value of a locker and traded my bulky backpack for an over-the-shoulder bag. I felt so mature. In grammar school, we were only allowed to bring backpacks and lunch bags to school- not cool oversized purses. After that first bag I was converted. I loved how easily I could get in and out of the bag and that I could just take books out and have a purse for weekends! Come senior year, however, I revisited the backpack- this time opting for a North Face pack with a bunch of really spiffy/practical pockets- but I soon realized that there were so many more chic options for over-the-shoulder bags. 

Anyway, in college things are different. You don't have a locker and you only have 3 (or some schools 5) classes at a time meaning you won't have nearly as many books. The bags above are all the perfect size to fit college essentials- including a laptop or tablet. In fact, I used the Kate Spade Wildflowers bag this year as well as the Longchamp Le Pilage large bag! Happy shopping!!
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips