Wednesday, July 10, 2013

10 Things to Do on a Night In

I love summer. I wish the lazy days and warm nights would go on forever! And while I love going out with friends and spending time with family, I also really enjoy a relaxing night in. Here are my top 10 suggestions for what to do when you're staying in:

1. Cook: Make yourself something scrumptious. I usually choose oatmeal (my favorite) with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips (or bananas or apples), but I also love these single-serving desserts.
2. Read: Make a dent in a new novel or check out a short story that you've been meaning to get to.
3. Watch: Turn on one of those movies you've always wanted to watch, catch up on a favorite TV series or get addicted to a new show.
4. Move: Find a calming yoga video to unwind after a hectic day or dance the night away by turning up the tunes.
5. Reminisce: Dig up your old year books and childhood scrapbooks to take a trip down memory lane.
6. Pamper: Paint your nails, deep condition your hair or try out a healing face mask. Then head to bed early- nothing can replace a good night's beauty rest!
7. Create: Break out the craft scissors and glitter glue for the DIY project of your choosing. I love trying out bracelets with beads or ropes.
8. Organize: I love organizing and re-organizing my closet. By going through my clothes, I get inspiration for new outfits and am able to further streamline my personal style.
9. Write: Sometimes, nights in are the perfect time to write. Turn on some music and look up these writing prompts.
10. Connect: Call, Skype, text, or write a letter to friends. Sometimes solo downtime is the perfect time to show others how much you care.

Hope you enjoyed these ideas for your next night in!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips