Thursday, July 18, 2013

10 Things You Should Add to Your Reading List

I obviously love all things literary. As an aspiring journalist, however, magazine and newspaper publications will always hold a special place in my heart. While I can't say I read every newspaper and magazine cover to cover every day, I do try to keep up as best I can. Good reading makes for great writing, especially when it comes to newspaper-style prose which is different from "normal" prose. In fact, I often find that newspaper-style writing can be helpful beyond just in the newsroom- when writing essays, I often use news-paper style in the introduction, as important information is at the forefront, luring a reader in. Anyway, reading the publications listed below will keep you informed and keep your writing top notch- I hope consider picking up one of the following:

  1. Newspaper: The New York Times
  2. Newspaper: The Wall Street Journal
  3. Magazine: The New Yorker
  4. Magazine: The Atlantic
  5. Magazine: Time
  6. Magazine: National Geographic
  7. Magazine: The Economist
  8. Magazine: Vogue
  9. Magazine: Harper's Bazaar
  10. Magazine: Vanity Fair

Happy reading! 
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips