Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Make Up Routine

Make Up Routine




Make up shopping is simply the best! Purchasing just a new lipstick can totally change the tone of your outfit for the day- from classic red lip to a sultry smokey eye, make up completes any outfit.  Personally, I like to keep things pretty natural with my make up, focusing only on one feature to emphasize (usually my eyes, but sometimes I opt for red lips). I love a clean line of liquid eyeliner, a shimmery champagne eyeshadow and lots of black mascara. So without further ado, here is my daily makeup routine:

First I prime my skin with Make Up For Ever's HD Primer and my eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I let these absorb while I choose my outfit for the day or blow dry my hair. Then, I apply a sheer layer of Chanel's Vita Aqualumiere foundation with SPF all over my face and cover up any remaining imperfections with Benefit's Fake Up (in the summer, I usually just stick to the concealor and skip the foundation). I set my face make up with Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder.  For lips, I usually opt for a blush tone such as Kate Spade's Bashful Pink. I contour my cheeks with Nars' Laguna Bronzer and apply Nars' Orgasm Multiple to my cheeks and blend. To emphasize eyes, I use a Dior Eyeshadow Palette and blend a shimmery bronze or champagne color all over my eyelids (my palette is a bit different than the one pictured above, but I couldn't find a photo online). I then use a very light cream color in the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone. I line my eyes with MAC eyeliner and then finish off the look with YSL's Babydoll Mascara (a new obsession).

xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips