Sunday, July 7, 2013

Introducing "Keep It Neat" & Writing Space Organization

Part 1: Introducing 'Keep It Neat'

So I'm a little (okay, a lot) crazy. Cleaning and organizing makes me happy. I love when my closet is in order, my bed is made, and my desk is free from clutter. Organizing is therapeutic for me- like getting rid of physical clutter gets rid of emotional/mental clutter and increases my productivity. Over the years, I've learned some useful tips for keeping everything neat, and will share them with you through this series of posts. Enjoy!

Part 2: Keeping Your Writing Space Neat

I love my desk. Having a designated space to read, study and write helps me get into the academic zone. To keep your writing space clutter free, I recommend purchasing a hutch with cubbies to store your most used items so they are easily accessible while you work. In my cubbies are a clock (so I'm always on time), wireless iPod speakers (so I can rock out while I work), my Kate Spade stationary (because handwritten cards are so important), current and favorite reading material (for inspiration), pencils/pens/scissors in a pencil cup, and my favorite Tocca candle (in Cleopatra). I keep my laptop and Kate Spade agenda on top of my desk so that I can check my schedule and to do lists. In my one (and only) drawer, other essentials are organized and easy to reach. I guess a recurring theme here is that I really only have things I use at my desk. I've found that the phrase 'out of sight, out of mind' applies here- if my supplies aren't clearly displayed, I won't use them. So, I suggest going through your supplies at your desk and arranging them so that each item has an assigned place. This way it will be easy to locate things and then put them away quickly after usage.

My Writing Desk

 My Drawer

Some Desk Accessories

Pencil mug and UChic: The College Girl's Guide to Everything

Jane Austen's Emma, Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice as well as my current read Brideshead Revisited, a book about blogging and my iPad in its Kate Spade case

My Favorite Kate Spade stationary

Hope you enjoy your organizing!
xoxo

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips