Saturday, July 6, 2013

Skincare Routine Featuring Kiehls

Skincare Routine Featuring Kiehls



As much as I love fashion and make up, I spend a lot of my time researching skincare. Clear, beautiful skin is the best accessory you can have and is hard to fake.  While I've always had pretty clear skin, there are times (especially since moving across the country) when I've found my skin feeling dry and rough or breaking out (hello, stress). Now, more than ever, I've been researching the best products to make my skin look its best and I have to say, I think I've finally gotten to that point. Here's what I do to keep my skin in tip top shape:

Morning: 
I use Kiehl's Ultra Face Wash both in the morning and at night to wash my face (after brushing my teeth and dealing with contacts, that is). After I rinse off the suds, I splash myself with cold water. This wakes me up and also closes up pores. I use Kiehl's Blue Astringent Toner applied with a cotton pad. After, I put three drops of Kiehl's Dark Spot Correcting Serum on my palms, rub them together and then press into my skin.  Let me tell you, if you buy one product buy this. It is really incredible! I have fair skin, so this product prevents sun damage, heals acne scars and even keeps blemishes away. I finish off by moisturizing with a mix of Kiehl's Skin Rescuer and Liquid UV Protect. Sometimes I apply a little bit of Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Cream under my eyes but I usually forget. Sun protection is the most important part of skin care!

Night: 
After a long day, I love pampering myself (and my skin!). I feel like my time getting ready for bed is the only guaranteed "me time" I have no matter where I am. I first rinse off my makeup with warm water and Kiehl's Ultra Face Wash, then I reapply the face wash and go over my face with the Clairsonic Mia. After rinsing, I splash cold water and apply the same Blue Astringent toner. Then I use a few drops of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum mixed with Dark Spot Correcting Serum. Finally, I moisturize with Skin Rescuer and Rosa Arctica Eye Cream. 

Weekly: 
Twice a week, I exfoliate with a gentle peel (I'm allergic to glycolic acid found in most which is a bit limiting) or grainy exfoliator (kind of depends on whatever I have on hand- I usually just use random samples for this, but I love ExfoliKate by Kate Sommerville). Following this, I apply a clay mask (I love Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Refining Clay Mask). I first apply a light layer all over and then add an extra layer on my forehead, nose and chin to make sure I don't miss any spots.

Hope you found this helpful! What is your skincare routine? xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips