Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Smells Like Summer: Favorite Scents of Summer 2013

Scents of Summer




I love buying perfume. Every scent I've worn has so many memories attached to it. Whenever I even catch a whiff of something I used to wear, I'm immediately taken back in time.  Here are some of my all time favorites and some newcomers I'm thinking of getting.

Kate Spade | Live Colorfully: This is my newest fragrance purchase and I love it.  It smells fun yet sophisticated and is definitely a summery scent.  The bottle is adorable and looks great displayed on my vanity.  The sent also wears really well- lasting all day, just getting a bit deeper (sometimes scents get that terrible sour smell by the end of the day, especially if you mist your hair with them... thankfully this one doesn't!).

Marc Jacobs | Dot: This scent reminds me of Fall and Winter Term this past year when I wore it obsessively.  It's a really classic scent that is sweet but isn't too flowery, so it worked really well in the colder months.

Chloe | Chloe: Chloe's classic perfume smells sophisticated.  It reminds me of junior year in high school when I wanted to find a scent that made me feel grown up.

Joie | Folie de Joie: This is summer's newest scent.  I feel like I'm reading about it everywhere. It's the perfect easy-chic scent that is classy without trying too hard and casual without seeming like you didn't try at all.  It's absolutely perfect.

Dior | Miss Dior Cherie: If there is one scent that makes me think of elegance, this is it. Miss Dior Cherie is a balance of youth and sophistication and is perfect for the Blair Waldorfs of the world.

Diptyque | Baies: I love this scent.  A friend gave me the Baies scented candle and I've been in love with it ever since.  While this is techinically a room freshener (I have purchased it and use it for its intended purpose), I sometimes just wear it as perfume because it smells so fresh and floral.  Any Diptyque fragrance is perfect for summer- Baies smells like sunshine and fresh daisies and my room at home.
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips