Tuesday, August 6, 2013

16 Facts About Me

Some of the people who read this blog know me really well, but others haven't met me or barely know me at all. I'm taking a break from fashion/books/beauty to share some things that make me, well, me.
  1. I sleep diagonally. No matter what size the bed is, I always wake up with my feet in one corner and my head in another.
  2. If I could, I would drink coffee constantly. Caffeine doesn't really affect me, I just love the taste of a good dark roast. I love to cook and bake- especially cupcakes- but my favorite thing to make & consume is oatmeal. I eat it almost every day for breakfast (my favorite meal!). So strange, I know.
  3. I'm a workout nut. In high school, I danced and kind of ran (read: walked) cross-country. Winter of my senior year everything changed. I started working out regularly and it's become my greatest stress release.
  4. I have a water bottle hoarding problem. I mainly use CamelBaks but I also love my Sigg Swiss + Lululemon metal bottle.
  5. My closet is color coded but my purse is a constant disaster. I try to fix this by using small bags, but now that I'm using my Kate Spade Little Minka, there are bills and change floating around.
  6. Speaking of what's in my bag, I also always seem to have a lottery ticket with me. When I turned 18 I wanted to get carded for something, so I bought a lottery ticket. Now, every once in awhile I buy one to try my luck.
  7. I drink tea every night and try to read a little bit of something before going to bed. I have a hard time falling asleep if I've just been texting or on the computer, so getting away from a bright screen is important for me.
  8. I brush my teeth 3 times a day minimum. I've always been sort of crazy about oral hygiene.
  9. I'm terrible when it comes to responding to text messages. I wish I could mark them as "unread" or flag them after I read them so I don't forget to reply. On the other hand, I reply super quickly to email because of the "mark as unread" option.
  10. My most prized possession is a raggedy stuffed bunny named Rainbow I got for my first Easter when I was 4 months old. I bring her wherever I'm traveling or living.
  11. I have many irrational fears including fire, spiders, open water and being late. I also hate sleeping (even though it's super important, I have a hard time falling asleep which makes things frustrating) and being wet (especially rain). 
  12. I've never not finished a book. Even if I don't like a book, I just have to know how it ends. I've always been very curious which leads me to...
  13. I'm a compulsive researcher. I love learning completely random and useless facts. For instance, the other day someone asked me the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. Weirdly enough I had recently read an article explaining that there is just a slight difference in the amount of artificial sweetener in the products, but it's mainly a marketing scheme. Also, if you eat a polar bear liver you will probably die from an overdose of Vitamin A. And it's impossible to hum while holding your breath. Thank you BuzzFeed and StumbleUpon.
  14. I have a Field Golden Retriever named Biscuit. She's adorable and a drama queen. I love taking pictures of her in all of her hilarious poses.
  15. I've never broken a bone, had a cavity or gone into surgery (except wisdom teeth I guess...). I do, though, wear contacts and had to get braces in middle school.
  16. My favorite color is pink, favorite holiday is Thanksgiving followed by Christmas and then Halloween, favorite food is peanut butter or carrot cake, favorite animal is a hedgehog or quokka and my favorite number is 16.
Hope you learned a little more about me!
xoxo
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips