Friday, August 23, 2013

Fit Fridays: Yoga & Stretching

Confession: I hate yoga. I'm not kidding. Those 50-70 minutes I spend focusing on my inhale/exhale are actual torture. Suddenly a million other things I could and should be doing flood my mind, I can no longer relax, and three weeks into a class I still can barely touch my toes. And after all is said and done, I haven't burned that many calories and I don't leave with a happy rush of endorphins. Maybe I'm ignorant, maybe I'm unsophisticated, but I'm definitely bored.

However

I know yoga (and stretching) helps elongate tired muscles after a difficult cardio session on a high intensity machine or outdoors. Therefore, I've returned to a new kind of yoga (that I call noga, haha), where I stretch twice for about 10 minutes- this way I can still get calm and cool off while stretching out my tired body. I stretch once when I get up in the morning and then after my cardio session (sometimes I stretch before bed too). Here is my favorite routine:




Also, I've been loving Yogi Teas lately, especially before bed. My current favorites are the DeTox, Ginseng Vitality and Breathe Deep blends. However I'm itching to try the Green Tea Muscle Recovery, Honey Lavender Stress Relief, Honey Lemon Throat Comfort (I always have sore throats!) and the Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin! 


The teas taste delicious and help me wind down after a long day. Obsessed! Also, how zen are the sayings that come on the tags of each teabag?


Too cute!
Happy stretching!
xoxo








09 10 11 12
Blogging tips