Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mark Up Your Magazines: September Issue Trends

Oh September. The month that begins the best time of the year- fall and winter! First, Halloween then Thanksgiving followed by Christmas, my birthday (eep 20!) and New Years! And best of all, September marks the beginning of fall fashion- my favorite! I've just finished reading my massive stack of mags. I read my magazines like a read textbooks. I go through a pile of sticky notes and a pen circling, highlighting, underlining and jotting down ideas in the margins. Here are my favorite trends for this fall and how you can incorporate them into your already existing wardrobe.


Perfectly Plaid
Mulberry
Traditional tartan is a great fall trend for many reasons. On a practical note, wool plaid is extremely warm. Secondly, it's something a lot of people have on hand- old winter coats, flannels, anything! To look more high fashion and less logger, try tucking that flannel under a sleeveless jumper or dress. Consider investing in a plaid skirt or coat- this trend comes back time and time again. Always in style? A plaid wool Burberry scarf.

Regal Brocades
Dolce and Gabbana
Every girl dreams of being a princess at one point in their life or another. This fall is your chance to dress the part! Break out the brocade, ladies! Whether it's a cropped jacket, a skirt or even a whole dress- rich jewel tones and metallics are in style. As for the tiara? Try a jeweled headband.


Wild Child
Burberry Prorsum
Animal print. I've always had a love/hate relationship with this one. It can either be so chic or so... tacky! I love a great animal inspired blouse, but this seasons skirts and coats are too cute! My favorite jungle inspired accessory? A pair of leopard print ballet flats. Always in style!

Film Noir
Louis Vuitton
The slinky silhouettes that lined the runway this fall kept sexy, tasteful. These long slip-like dresses are perfect. To take your place on the big screen, play with black and neutrals.

New Romantic
Lanvin
Love is in the air! Decadent flowers, pearls and gold are featured in my favorite trend, classic romantic pieces. Fulfill your fairy tale in these whimsical pieces by looking for reds, whites and blacks and adding jewelry dripping hearts and gold chain.

Happy fall!
xoxo




09 10 11 12
Blogging tips