Wednesday, August 7, 2013

5 Great Literary Meals

A friend of mine inspired this post when she asked me which literary characters I would want to have dinner with. I ended up thinking about the best scenes involving food in literature. Here are my favorites.

ONE: Breakfast (or Second Breakfast) with Bilbo Baggins of The Hobbit
"I am a good cook myself, and cook better than I cook, if you see what I mean. I'll cook beautifully for you, a perfectly beautiful breakfast for you, if you won't have me for supper"



TWO: Lunch with Pooh from Winnie the Pooh 
"It's more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, 'What about lunch?'"



THREE: Dinner with the Finches from To Kill a Mockingbird
"The kitchen table was loaded with enough food to bury the family: hunks of salt pork, tomatoes, beans, even scuppernongs"


FOUR: Dessert with Laura, Mary, Ma & Pa from Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
"Laura and Mary each had a pan, and Pa and Ma showed them how to pour the dark syrup in little streams onto the snow"


FIVE: Drinks with Jay Gatsby of The Great Gatsby
"Here's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life"


Bon appetit!
xoxo



09 10 11 12
Blogging tips