Monday, August 19, 2013

Your 2AM Self & 10 Quotes to Move You Forward

Someone once told me that you have two selves: the self you are most of the day and the self that's awake and alone at 2AM, unable to fall asleep. I've always been hard on myself, and that is especially true when I check my clock for the hundredth time and it's 2AM. All of those fears of not accomplishing anything meaningful in my life or things not working out for me seem so probable in the dark. In years past, at times like these, I would let these fears run wild in my mind until I somehow fell asleep. But now, I distract myself. Enter Gossip Girl. 

This is so insanely embarrassing that I'm admitting this to myself, let alone on the internet, but I've actually learned so much from this totally trashy and ridiculous television show. On the Blair/Serena scale, I'm definitely more similar to the fashion-loving, rule-following, headstrong and ambitious Blair Waldorf and even share many of her same insecurities. And for the most part I'm okay with that. But there are many other times when I wish I was someone who could let loose and just be totally happy with who I am, despite my flaws (hi, Serena). This realization came to me when I was reading through some of my favorite inspirational quotes wfor this post (we'll get to that part soon, promise!) and I read one from author and motivational speaker, Katrina Mayer: "loving yourself isn't vanity, it's sanity." Society makes it clear that we shouldn't just accept ourselves. Our resumes should expand while our waists shrink. Saying no to a new opportunity and yes to a second helping means we're settling. And we should never settle, right? 

Wrong. Here's a little known secret that probably doesn't cross your mind at 2AM: you're enough! Read through the following few quotes when self-doubt creeps up on you, let go and move forward:

ONE

 TWO

THREE 

FOUR 

FIVE

 SIX

SEVEN 

 EIGHT

NINE 

TEN
from the one & only!

Have a great day!
xoxo





09 10 11 12
Blogging tips