Thursday, August 29, 2013

Eyeshadows Every Girl Should Own

Oh dorm room living. Freshman year, I made the foolish mistake of literally bringing my entire wardrobe and all of my make up to college. Little did I know, I would not wear 6 different cocktail dresses nor world I use turquoise eyeshadow I bought for a dance competition. Whoops! Anyway, I've been pairing things down to the basics and figuring out which things I really want to bring on my cross country trek. I was thinking about these "essentials" (is any of this really essential haha?) when I was putting on some make up this morning. Now, which eyeshadows would I consider essential? Neutrals. P.S. I'm partial to powder shadows, I don't know why but cream shadows have never looked very good on me.

SINGLE EYESHADOWS:
**When buying single shimmery eyeshadows, make sure the glitter is finely milled, rather than chunky as chunky glitter gets all over your face during application and is super hard to remove**





(my favorite ever eyeshadow, a MUST for my blue-eyed sisters!)










PALETTES:
**I am very picky about palettes- too often are there "chunky glitter" shades (pet peeve) and also a bunch of random black and silver shades that are hard to pull off everyday. In my opinion palettes should either support a specific look (smokey eye) or be everyday neutrals. Disclaimer: I do not own all of these, but I have tested all of them in-store**

-Best Smokey Eye Palettes-

I love that this comes with instructions.


The mini brushes are sooo cute!


-Best Neutral Palettes-

(I'm obviously obsessed with this collection)


Thinking I like this palette better than the original


This is my most lust-worthy pick. I don't have it, but it is on my wish list and I've tried it in the store!


These terra cotta colors go really well when blended together- can go from day to night easily!

Happy shopping!
xoxo












09 10 11 12
Blogging tips